Hello hello, happy Tuesday! ❄️
It’s nearly 2019 and that means it’s time for some end of the year reflecting and planning. I’ve seen this tag around for a while and it seems like it’ll be a great way to (somewhat) organize my reading life for this month and for next year. 🙂
1. Are there any book you started this year that you need to finish?
Indeed! I started each of these at some point during the year and DNF them for various reasons, but I really want to come back to them in 2019.
2. Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
I guess it’s *technically* still autumn, but I’m feeling the wintery vibes now so I’ll answer this question with Carry On! I already did a reread a few months ago, but I always feel like this is a must read for the end of the year despite it only having a small Christmas part. I’m verrry excited to buddy read this with Sarah this month!
3. Is there a new release that you’re still waiting for?
Nope, not anymore. I’ve finished Queen of Air and Darkness and that was my last anticipated release of the year. And I’m not quite sure what I’m supposed to do with myself now that it’s over honestly :’)
4. What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
Great question, because I… don’t actually know what I’m reading the rest of the month. I started an ARC of A Place for Wolves yesterday though – it’s GOOD. I’d also like to try to finish my read of (Don’t) Call Me Crazy which I’ve been meaning to pick back up for ages. And of course, Carry On, which I’m always hyped for.
5. Is there a book you think could still shock you & become a favorite of the year?
I’m still deciding if I’ll start The Cruel Prince this month or if I will in early January, closer to the release date of The Wicked King. BUT if I do finish it before 2019, it definitely has potential to become a favorite of the year. Especially because I’m very much in the mood to read about faeries again after Queen of Air and Darkness.
6. Have you already started making reading plans for 2019?
I have made TOO many plans, but here’s just a few I’d like to focus on:
- Read 100 books (I’ve never set a reading challenge before, so we’ll see if this works out)
- Continue catching up on fantasy series I’ve missed out on
- Read more diverse books from diverse authors
- Keep up with ARCs!!!
And that’s all I’ve got for today, folks. I won’t be tagging anyone specific because I’m not sure who’s already done this one. But if you want to do this, please do and consider yourself tagged!
I hope you all have been having a great December so far and that you’re looking forward to all that 2019 has to offer. ❤️ I’ll be back with a post this Thursday on my most anticipated 2019 releases, and I cannot WAIT to share it because I’ve truthfully never been more excited about a list of books in my whole life.
Have a happy Tuesday friends! ❄️❄️❄️